Business Expo, Buy Local Matchmaker, and Workshops!
The St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce is partnering with the St. Lawrence Centre to offer a Business Expo and Buy Local Matchmaker event, hosted at the St. Lawrence Centre.
Follow the event on Facebook for highlights - click here!
Business Expo, 11 AM - 2 PM
The Business Expo is free and open to the public. Businesses and organizations are invited to host an information table on their services and products, as well as any job openings; job openings will be announced at the Job Seekers workshops. Additionally, the Expo will feature two 'classrooms': one for career development and one for job seekers.
- 10 AM - 11 AM: Resume Tips, Interviewing Techniques, and Job Searching Strategies
- 2 PM - 3 PM: Resume Tips, Interviewing Techniques, and Job Searching Strategies
- 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Business Start-up Overview and Available Funding, featuring Jim Murphy, Massena BDG
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM: Marketing 101: Rock your Business in 2019, featuring Jennifer McCluskey, SUNY Canton SBDC
Matchmaker, 3 PM - 4 PM
To register: Complete and return the attached form - CLICK HERE. More information and a printable registration form can be found here: www.slcchamber.org
The 'Buy local' Matchmaker is an event where businesses have an opportunity to connect with one another as well as with organizations such as colleges, state and local governments, and large regional institutions to identify opportunities for contracting, cooperative partnerships and referrals.
Matchmaking is similar to ‘Speed-dating’ or ‘Speed-networking’. Business participants will sign up for a 5-10 minute meetings (meeting time is dependent on participation) with contacts of their choice and have that short time to network and share marketing materials. When the bell rings, participants move to the next table.
The day will close with the Business In The Spotlight featuring the St. Lawrence Centre. Click Here to learn more about our monthly networking series.
Participating in Business Expo:
- The ARC Jefferson-St. Lawrence
- Alzheimer's Association, Central New York Chapter
- SeaComm FCU
- North Country PTAC