POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK - 40 hours per week. Monday thru Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS - High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree preferred. One – two years’ experience working with the developmentally disabled preferred. New York State valid/ acceptable Driver’s License.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Provide job coaching services and supports according to the person we support’s written plan and in conjunction with the personal plan of the volunteer agency. Promote prevocational skills based on the person we support’s vocational goals, interest and skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Provide job coaching services for Community Prevocational volunteer activities.
- Utilize intervention techniques including hands-on techniques, task analysis, reasonable accommodation modifications, and other strategies designed for enhancing prevocational skills.
- Ensure the people we support are able to complete the job components in a satisfactory manner.
- Interact with the Vocational Services Supervisor and the Assistant Director of Vocational Services to ensure individual plans are followed and continue to address the needs of the People We Support.
- Complete daily documentation of services using computer program (Therap). Maintain daily attendance. Report progress using weekly notes.
- Interact with volunteer agencies to ensure the people we support’s job performance is maintained and that all issues are addressed. The issues should be discussed with the Vocational Services Supervisor and the Assistant Director of Vocational Services.
- Participate in meetings regarding the people we support as requested by the Vocational Services Supervisor.
- Assist the Vocational Services Supervisor with class room activities when necessary.
- Transport to and from volunteer activities in a safe manner and according to policies and procedures of the agency.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran