Are you the kind of person who needs to help others to feel fulfilled? We’re looking for team-oriented professionals who are not only passionate about working with people with special needs, but who also value optimism, creativity, kindness and compassion! We’re proud of our company culture and if you think your values align with our mission and vision, we encourage you to apply!
We are hiring for Community Prevocational Professionals to provide job coaching services and supports according to the person we support’s written plan and in conjunction with the personal plan of the volunteer agency. You would promote prevocational skills based on the person we support’s vocational goals, interest and skills. The positions are Monday to Friday 40 hours per week 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Location is mixed, mainly Canton/Potsdam area.
A High School Diploma/GED is required; Associate’s Degree preferred. One – two years’ experience working with the developmentally disabled preferred. New York State valid/ acceptable Driver’s License. Must be authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
Some of the Essential Functions include:
- Provide job coaching services for Community Prevocational volunteer activities.
- Utilize intervention techniques including hands-on techniques, task analysis, reasonable accommodation modifications, and other strategies designed for enhancing prevocational skills.
- Ensure the people we support are able to complete the job components in a satisfactory manner.
- Interact with the Vocational Services Supervisor and the Assistant Director of Vocational Services to ensure individual plans are followed and continue to address the needs of the People We Support.
- Complete daily documentation of services using computer program (Therap). Maintain daily attendance. Report progress using weekly notes.
- Interact with volunteer agencies to ensure the people we support’s job performance is maintained and that all issues are addressed. The issues should be discussed with the Vocational Services Supervisor and the Assistant Director of Vocational Services.
- Participate in meetings regarding the people we support as requested by the Vocational Services Supervisor.
- Assist the Vocational Services Supervisor with class room activities when necessary.
- Transport to and from volunteer activities in a safe manner and according to policies and procedures of the agency.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran