POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – 40 hours/week; flexible to the needs of the Agency. Schedule to be determined by Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS - High School Diploma or equivalency required. Experience in small appliance repair, HVAC, residential wiring, plumbing, carpentry. Valid New York State Driver’s License with acceptable driving history to be able to drive agency vehicles.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Perform repair and maintenance of all facilities owned, or operated by The Arc Jefferson – St. Lawrence, as assigned by the Superintendent of Property or his designee.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Complete work requirements in the following functional areas: carpentry, electronic, minor repairs, and plumbing for Agency facilities.
- Recommendations to Supervisor regarding preventative maintenance. Report unsafe conditions immediately.
- Maintenance/security in operation of Agency equipment. Use of personal equipment is only through approval of Superintendent of Property (must be permanently marked).
- Maintain positive relationship with vendors while purchasing supplies and materials.
- Maintain a valid and acceptable NYS Driver’s License.
- Assist in the development of inventory for materials, tools and supplies.
- Report completion of all work assignments, as directed.
- Perform snow removal, lawn care and other seasonal work as directed by the Supervisor.
TRAVEL - Travel to and from all properties owned or operated by the agency with Maintenance vehicle provided. Respond to On-call call outs when on duty.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - Work is performed in both an indoor and outdoor environment. Exposure to dangerous machinery, extreme weather conditions, excessive noise, and wildlife. May be required to climb ladders, work in trenches and in confined spaces.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS- May be required to stand and/or walk, stoop, and bend for long periods of time. Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 75 pounds. Exposure to wide temperature variations, noise, vibrations, fumes, grease, machinery and its moving parts, odors, and dust. Physical demands require bending, stooping, and frequently lifting moderately heavy to heavy objects. Incumbent must be able to see and hear in the normal range with or without correction and communicate verbally and in written form with great facility and must be able to be understood. Incumbent will be required to respond to emergencies after regular working hours and on weekends, must be willing to work an irregular schedule, which may include weekends, holidays, evenings, and/or varying shifts.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran