POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – Hours will vary and include evenings and weekends. Hours will be scheduled according to the needs of the program, up to 40 hours per week.
QUALIFICATIONS - High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree preferred. One-two years’ experience working with the developmentally disabled preferred. Valid New York State Driver’s License.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Provide job coaching services according to the consumer’s individual written plan and in conjunction with the personal plan of the other agency. Promote and sustain competitive employment based on the individual’s vocational goals, interest and skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Provide job coaching services, including screening assessment, situational assessment and on-site training.
- Utilize intervention techniques including hands-on techniques, task analysis, reasonable accommodation modifications, and other strategies designed for consumers in competitive employment.
- Ensure the consumer is able to complete the job components in a satisfactory manner.
- Interact with the Employment Specialist and Coordinator of Community Based Employment to ensure individual plans are followed and continue to address the needs of the individuals.
- Prepare documentation on the consumer’s daily activities. Maintain weekly records for accountability of time. Reports consumers’ progress on the monthly form and quarterly Job Factor forms. Prepare Screening/Assessment, Situational Assessment Form, Job Assignment, End of Employment Form, Transportation Form, and all other forms requested.
- Interact with employees to ensure consumer’s job performance is maintained and that all issues noted. The issues should be discussed with the Employment Specialist and Coordinator of Community Based Employment.
- Participate in meetings regarding consumers as requested by the Coordinator of Community Based Employment and Employment Specialist. If necessary initiate meetings and include or contact other team members.
- Adhere to the Career Connections Guidelines for interacting with the employers and consumers. Prepare weekly time sheet accounting for services in a minimum of 15 minute intervals. Provide projected schedule to Coordinator of Community Based Employment weekly.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required in-services.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY - None
TRAVEL - Travel in and around Jefferson County and St. Lawrence County is expected for this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a professional office environment and in the community providing support to those receiving services in their placements in the various work environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disabled/veteran.