We are looking for a qualified supervisor for the Trippany Rd Border Patrol and they NYPA Guest House in Massena. If you are detail oriented, have good time management skills and and like to supervise and lead a team, we encourage you to apply.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK Monday-Friday, 25-30 hours per week, and includes days, evenings and some weekends. This position also includes the supervision and cleaning of the NYPA Guest House in Massena.
QUALIFICATIONS - High School Diploma or GED and one-year relevant work experience required. Must be knowledgeable and capable of performing contract cleaning and disinfecting. Must be willing to supervise and train custodial staff and/or people with disabilities. A valid New York State Drivers License is required.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background and Federal clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE Responsible for the overall supervision and cleaning performance of a custodial contract.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise and develop task schedules for workers engaged in custodial services.
- Provide model quality cleaning standards, and assist in cleaning as needed.
- Maintain cleaning standards following the contract SOW.
- Work with the QC Manager to ensure MSDS books, supplies and equipment are properly operated, stocked, and maintained.
- Monitor the use of supplies and equipment within a specified budget.
- Maintain the safety program, and ensure that training requirements are met for all staff.
- Plan and monitor the completion of all periodic work.
- Assist in conducting performance reviews, motivating team members and creating strategies to boost productivity.
- Address work quality issues and other concerns in an effective, timely manner.
- Provide leadership by example i.e. being punctual and exceptional attendance records.
- Provide detailed documentation of incidents or contract issues.
- Coordinate meetings with Career Opportunities staff and/or Human Resources.
- Act as liaison between government officials and The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence.
- Communicate with Quality Control Manager and Contracts Manager on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ethical Conduct/ Professionalism
- Time Management/ Organizational Skills/Detail Oriented
- Communication Skills
- Ability to Work Independently
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY Provide supervision and guidance to the employees at this work site.
TRAVEL Must provide own transportation to and from worksite.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This position operates in all areas of the facility at the DHS Trippany Rd. Border Patrol and the NYPA Guest House in Massena, NY.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran