We are looking for an HR Assistant who is professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate, with great attention to detail. Are you comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication with a genuine desire to meet the needs of others? Then please apply and join our HR team in our Canton office.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
QUALIFICATIONS - Associates degree in Business or related field with 1-3 years office experience preferred or High School Diploma with 3-5 years office experience required. Proficiency with MSOffice, excellent Excel skills necessary. Customer Service oriented, very personable, attention to detail needed.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Responsible for coordinating and processing all external applicants through the onboarding process. Responsible for maintaining personnel records; current and inactive.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Responsible for processing of all new hires (typical, SWD and persons supported) and related information.
- Responsible for maintenance of applicant tracking in Paycom.
- Maintaining bulletin boards for employee posting areas.
- Responsible for coordination of all necessary documentation and data input for new employees.
- NYS new hire/rehire reporting
- Update CBC system
- Responsible for processing all personal and work related reference checks and collecting all necessary paperwork educational verification or releases, tax forms and I-9.
- Make badges for new and existing staff and request FOBs from IT when needed.
- Request driving abstracts from Transportation for processing all new hire driving staff.
- Schedule prospective employees for fingerprinting, drug testing, Tb test as well as running SEL and MHL checks.
- Assign employee numbers for all new hires.
- Schedule new hires for start date, mini O&T and mini-workshops and notify managers.
- Prepare employment letters and Wage Theft Prevention Act notices for new hires.
- Maintenance of employee information both in personnel files and Paycom, such as address changes, tax changes, change of names with documentation.
- Prepare and send rejection letters or rescinding job offer letters when necessary.
- Ordering supplies for parking permits, ID badges, lanyards etc.
- Participate in rotation for Idemia Fingerprint Process as an Enrollment agent.
- Provide front office coverage when needed.
- Provide hires and terminations to appropriate staff members for database maintenance.
- Assist with open enrollment for benefits as needed.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
- Organization Skills.
- Project Management.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran