The Facilities Technician’s responsibilities will include (with opportunity for growth):
- Responsible for working in a team environment and capable of working on their own.
- Duties may include but are not limited to, moving equipment, general construction, welding and assembling fixtures.
- Carries out scheduled maintenance examinations, troubleshooting and fixes.
- Provide labor and support for building and equipment upgrades as needed.
- Make sure work area and stations are clean and free of hazards.
Required Experience / Skills
- High School diploma
- Familiar with operating hand tools, tape measure, cutting tools, drills, wrenches, etc..
- Read at a level to understand written safety procedures, work procedures and instruction manuals.
- Communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Quality and safety focused
Desired Experience / Skills
- BOCES or Associates degree
- Trade experience in electrical systems, plumbing and or HVAC
- Prior experience working in production or manufacturing environment
- Automotive or mechanical experience
- Capable of reading mechanical and electrical drawings
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to solve problems
- Experience and ability reading and understanding engineering drawings and process specification or procedures.