If you possess a clean CDL License with endorsements to comply with Agency requirements; one year experience preferred we encourage you to apply. You would be responsible to comply with DMV Article 19-A and Commissioner's Regulations, agency policies and procedures. You would be responsible for the safe transport of all passengers assigned to route. We will train on all routes.
You must be authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances as well as a DOT physical.
Some essential functions of the position include:
- Responsible to practice safe driving techniques adhering to all driving rules and regulations as set forth under DMV and DOT regulations.
- Responsible to attend bus driver meetings and/or workshops as scheduled.
- Responsible to meet the needs of the Transportation Department in the event of an early closing, delayed openings or cancellations as requested.
- Responsible to remove trash from vehicle on a daily basis and dispose of trash in garage receptacle, as well as sweep floor.
- Responsible for providing transportation aides with direction to ensure passengers are safely transported.
- Responsible to perform a "walk through" on vehicle immediately after all passengers disembark to establish neither passengers nor personal belongings remain on vehicle.
- Responsible to report any incidents or concerns which occur during transport according to agency policy and procedures.
- Responsible to maintain accurate and exact times on time cards.
- Responsible to complete daily vehicle reports and grant reports on a daily basis (where applicable).
- Responsible to adhere to all procedures as stated in the Bus Drivers' Procedure Handbook.
- Responsible to determine that all passengers are seated and wearing seat belts prior to transporting.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran