CLASSIFICATION – Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO – Transportation Coordinator
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm with flexibility to the needs of the Department.
QUALIFICATIONS – High School Diploma or equivalent required. Previous experience with Excel, Word, Microsoft Office. Valid Driver’s License required.
RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS – None.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE – Clerical support for Public Transit and Fixed Route Transportation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain filing system for Transportation Coordinator.
- Prepare statistical reports on vehicles and related equipment.
- Prepare reports for NYSDOT, and NYSDMV.
- Process miscellaneous confidential matters for the Transportation Coordinator.
- Assist with coordination of staffing schedules and routing of fixed route vehicles.
- Acts as support to the Transportation Coordinator for electronic time keeping system. Will assist with editing/review of electronic time cards for Norwood/Massena based employees.
- Will monitor monthly mileage reports for all agency vehicles.
- Ability to utilize office technology and have a working knowledge of computer programs such as, Microsoft and Excel.
- Administer fire drills, PASS program, in-house billing report, end of month driver reports.
- Perform as a team member interacting and providing support to other staff members and programs.
- Under the direction of the Transportation Coordinator, will be responsible for the daily management of the Norwood Satellite.
- Adheres to Agency Policy and procedure guidelines; adheres to the Agency Code of Conduct; and will assist in facilitating a safe working environment by working safely at all times, adhering to Agency safety guidelines and reporting potential health and safety issues to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator/Designee.
- As needed, will be support transportation routes as a driver.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Work independently
- Communication with Management
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY – None.
TRAVEL – Travel is negligible
WORK ENVIRONMENT – The job operates in an office environment, utilizing standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disabled/veteran.